Sigmoidectomy Surgery performed by the da Vinci® Robot
Our Prices Vary with each patient
At Angeles Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico we take pride in offering our patients top quality surgeries by using the most advanced medical technologies to date.
Sigmoidectomy also known as Sigmoid Colon Resection, is a surgery designed specifically for patients suffering from ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease or Ileocolitis and have been taking medication with no positive results.
What is the da Vinci® Surgical System?
The da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced robotic-assisted surgical platform designed to expand our surgeon’s operating capabilities and offer an improved minimally invasive option for our patients. The da Vinci Robot provides our surgeon a superior visualization, enhanced dexterity, greater precision and ergonomic comfort.
The da Vinci systems make it possible for our skilled and certified surgeons to perform improved minimally invasive procedures that involve a complex dissection or reconstruction.
Our Facilities at Angeles Hospital
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital for +10 years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico. Everyone knows Angeles is quality.
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 10 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Many amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations
da Vinci® Assisted Sigmoidectomy FAQ’s
Frequently-Asked-Questions about Sigmoid Colectomy
For more information about our surgeries assisted by the da Vinci Robot at Angeles Health International and how they offer a safer and more advanced solution for different conditions, please read our most frequently asked questions or contact us today using our “Request More Information”form at the bottom of our page.
For patients considering the da Vinci® assisted Sigmoidectomy, they will need to have a series of proper evaluations for our surgeons to make an informed decision about your treatment. For pregnant patients or for those who are experiencing obesity, the da Vinci® assisted surgery it not an option.
Our surgeons at Angeles in Tijuana, follow the established steps by the da Vinci® surgical robot. They start by placing the patients in the correct position to make the 3 to 4 incisions, where the thin and small surgical instruments will be introduced. The next steps will be:
- Primary Vascular Control
- Medial to Lateral Mobilization of Sigmoid & Descending Colon
- Splenic Flexure Mobilization
- Pelvic Rectal Dissection with Total Meso-rectal Excision
- Rectal Division
- Firefly Perfusion Assessment and Marking of Proximal Transection
- Anastomosis and Temporary Diversion
What benefits will I enjoy after having my da Vinci assisted Sigmoid colon resection at Angeles Hospital?
For our sigmoid colectomy patients, who decided to have a da Vinci assisted surgery, will enjoy a lower rate of complications and the following benefits:
- Minimal pain.
- Shorter hospital stays.
- Lower blood loss.
- Lower rate of infection.
- Lower rates of surgery conversion.
- Less surgical scars.
For our patients having a da Vinci assisted sigmoid colectomy, they can experience the following complications:
- Damage to other tissues and organs (pelvic nerves or bowel)
- Bowel blockage.
In addition, they may experience risks related to minimally invasive surgery such as: conversion to open surgery, creating more and larger incisions.