Prostatectomy assisted by the da Vinci® Robot
Our Prices Vary with each patient
At Angeles Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico we take pride in offering our patients top quality surgeries by using the most advanced medical technologies to date.
For prostate cancer patients or for those who are experiencing urinary retention caused by different medical conditions, our Prostatectomy Surgery is now performed with the da Vinci Robot, to offer them the results they are looking for.
* There is no guarantee all patients will have the same results. Prostatectomy individual results will vary.
What is the da Vinci® Surgical System?
The da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced robotic-assisted surgical platform designed to expand our surgeon’s operating capabilities and offer an improved minimally invasive option for our patients. The da Vinci Robot provides our surgeon a superior visualization, enhanced dexterity, greater precision and ergonomic comfort.
The da Vinci systems make it possible for our skilled and certified surgeons to perform improved minimally invasive procedures that involve a complex dissection or reconstruction.
Our Facilities at Angeles Hospital
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital for +10 years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are at getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico, everyone knows Angeles is quality
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 10 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Many amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations
da Vinci® Assisted Prostatectomy FAQ’s
Frequently-Asked-Questions about Prostatectomy
For more information about our surgeries assisted by the da Vinci Robot at Angeles Health International and how they offer a safer and more advanced solution for different conditions, please read our most frequently asked questions or contact us today using our “Request More Information” form at the bottom of our page.
The da Vinci system is control 100% by our surgeons, translating their movements more precise and small. They operate through a few small incisions, using small and long instruments that bend and rotate far greater than their hands, reducing the hand tremors. In addition, thy use a small camera with a 3D HD vision system given them an enhanced and magnified view of the inside of the body.
Patients will have a proper evaluation and our surgeons will make an investigation, together they will determine if the da Vinci surgery is the best option for the patient, taking into consideration the results. However, if patients aren’t a candidate for traditional laparoscopy surgery they aren’t candidates for the da Vinci surgery.
For patients choosing the da Vinci assisted Prostatectomy Surgery, they will enjoy the following benefits compared to our traditional laparoscopic surgery:
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Faster return of urinary continence
- Fewer complications
- Better nerve sparing rate
- Shorter hospital time.
*For our cancer patients, if the tumors accurate location is found, the benefit is greater because our da Vinci assisted Prostatectomy Surgery is the cure.
Our patients may experience the following risks during their Prostatectomy Surgery performed with the da Vinci Robot:
- Possible damage to other tissues and organs.
- Longer operation time.
- Larger incisions.
- Conversion to open surgery or traditional laparoscopy surgery.
- Additional time under anesthesia.
More da Vinci® assisted Surgeries
Urology Center of Excellence
Angeles Hospitals now offers a wide variety of da Vinci assisted surgeries to treat different conditions which affect the human body. Our Urology procedures are: