ACL Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
(Anterior Cruciate Ligament)
Our price: $ 7,500 USD
The knee is formed by the femur, tibia and patella. The femur and tibia are connected by 4 different ligaments: MCL, LCL, PCL and ACL. They are in charge of keeping the knee joint together.
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is in the center and diagonally in the knee joint, connecting the femur (thigh bone) to the tibia (shin bone). The ACL has the following functions:
- Stabilize the knee.
- Prevents the tibia from sliding out into the femur.
Candidates for an ACL Surgery:
- Patients older than 18 years old, who play the following high risk sports: basketball, football, skiing, soccer, tennis, volleyball and gymnastics.
- Patients older than 18 years old with jobs that involve pivoting or heavy manual work.
- Women in sports are more propense to the injury because of their physicial conditioning and muscular strenght.
Causes of an ACL tear:
- Bad landings.
- Slowing down while walking and abruptly channing direction.
- Harsh and sudden movements.
- Sidestepping maneuvers.
Symptoms of an Acute Cruciate Ligament Tear:
- Lost range of motion.
- Tenderness in the knee joint.
- Discomfort while walking.
At Angeles Health Mexico, Dr. Garin has treated hundreds of ACL injuries and performs ACL surgery as a regular component of his work as the team doctor for professional soccer and baseball teams.
Best ACL Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Recognized hospital for +40 years
With over 5 million patients treated each year, Hospital Angeles Tijuana is the leading medical tourism center in Mexico. Our state-of-the-art facilities are the only full-scale certified hospital facilities in Tijuana.
- Only Internationally certified full-scale hospital in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Personalized attention with US based case managers
- Home to Dr. Dario Garin and Dr. Fernando Izquierdo two of the leading Orthopedic and Spine Surgeons in Mexico
- Most prestigious hospital name in Mexico for over 40 years
- Best technologically advanced medical facilities by far
- Free Transportation
- Best Facilities and Amenities
- Biggest patient room suites with private room for companion
ACL Surgery FAQ´s
Frequently-Asked-Question about ACL Surgery
For more information about our packages and how having ACL Surgery at Angeles Health International helps stop the pain and regain movement, please read our most frequently asked questions or contact us today using our FREE consultation form at the bottom of the page.
Our surgeons at Angeles Hospital know an ACL reconstruction offers better and long-term outcomes for our patients. Our ACL Surgery is a minimally invasive procedure, where our surgeon makes small incisions and use thin surgical instruments to perform the surgery.
The ACL is replaced with a substitute graft using tendon material from the patellar tendon or the hamstring. In some cases, the tendon may be froma a donor.
- Blood clots.
- Kneecap pain.
Thanks to the new techniques our surgeons use to perform ACL Surgery, our patients do have a faster recovery. Our medical team will provide you with prescribed medication for the pain in the first couple of days after your procedure.
Most of our patients can walk with a support of a cane and put minimal pressure on their knee joint. Our patients will need to have rehabilitation and physicial therapy to restore the knees full ability to move without discomfort.
All ACL repair patients at Angeles Health Mexico are assigned a Case Manager that will handle all arrangements from medical records collection and transfer, any necessary surgical consults, and travel planning services for the patient and traveling companions. You will receive a full itinerary that tells you exactly what to expect every step of the way on your medical travel trip. This procedure may require up to 5 nights recovery prior to the surgeon releasing the patient for travel.
The ACL Repair Medical Travel Package at Angeles Health Mexico includes:
- 1 Day Hospital Stay
- All doctor and surgeon fees and the entire hospital stay
- All standard medications, implants or prostheses Regular pre-op testing and exams
- All related medical and procedure costs: gastroenterologist, anesthesia, equipment, nursing care
- Pre-treatment consult set-up if needed Airport pick-up and return travel
- A dedicated Case Management team to guide your pre- and post-orthopedic treatment experience
More Orthopedic Procedures
Orthopedic Surgery Center of Excellence
At Angeles Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico we offer a wide range of orthopedic surgeries for any type of orthopedic challenge. Our state-of-the-art certified hospital facilities provides the latest medical technologies, and the most trusted and recognized orthopedic surgeon names in Mexico.