Low Anterior Resection assisted by the da Vinci® Robot
Our Prices Vary with each patient
At Angeles Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico we take pride in offering our patients top quality surgeries by using the most advanced medical technologies to date.
Our Low Anterior Resection surgery is specifically designed for our patients who suffer from rectal cancer and other degenerative diseases. If the cancer or disease is too close to the anus, the surgeon may also need to remove the rectum, anus and part of the sigmoid colon.
What is the da Vinci® Surgical System?
The da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced robotic-assisted surgical platform designed to expand our surgeon’s operating capabilities and offer an improved minimally invasive option for our patients. The da Vinci Robot provides our surgeon a superior visualization, enhanced dexterity, greater precision and ergonomic comfort.
The da Vinci systems make it possible for our skilled and certified surgeons to perform improved minimally invasive procedures that involve a complex dissection or reconstruction.
Our Facilities at Angeles Hospital
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital for +10 years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are at getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico, everyone knows Angeles is quality
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 10 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Many amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations
da Vinci® Assisted Low Anterior Resection FAQ’s
Frequently-Asked-Questions about Low Anterior Resection Surgery
For more information about our surgeries assisted by the da Vinci Robot at Angeles Health International and how they offer a safer and more advanced solution for different conditions, please read our most frequently asked questions or contact us today using our “Request More Information” form at the bottom of our page.
For our da Vinci® assisted surgeries, our surgeons need to follow specific protocol such as: the patients positioning in the surgical robot. Once the patient is ready, our surgeons will start by creating small almost tiny incisions, where the thin surgical instruments will be introduced.
Once the procedure starts our patients follow the next steps:
- Primary Vascular Control
- Medial to Lateral Mobilization of Sigmoid & Descending Colon
- Splenic Flexure Mobilization
- Rectal Dissection & Division
- Specimen Extraction and Anastomosis
For our cancer patients looking for a da Vinci® assisted Low Anterior Resection Surgery, the evaluation process is different. Our medical team will evaluate the cancer stage, tumor location, patients overall health, among other things. For our patients with other conditions, they will need to have proper evaluation, with the results and their previous medical history, our medical team and the patient will decide together if the da Vinci Robot surgery is their best option.
Patients at Angeles Hospital Tijuana, enjoy different benefits when having a da Vinci® assisted Low Anterior Resection Surgery. Using this type of advanced medical equipment, offers the following benefits:
- Tremor-free surgery, having more precise sutures.
- Advanced visualization of the tissue, allowing them to have better manipulation.
- Minimally invasive surgery, patients enjoy a faster recovery from surgery.
- Lower rate of major complications of an open surgery.
- Improved quality of life.
Low Anterior Resection Surgery patients may experience the following risks, after having their da Vinci® assisted surgery:
- Colorectal Dysfunction: Cant empty bowel or constipation.
- Conversion to open surgery: longer operation time, longer time under anesthesia, larger incisions.
- Injury to other organs.
More da Vinci® assisted Surgeries
Urology Center of Excellence
Angeles Hospitals now offers a wide variety of da Vinci assisted surgeries to treat different conditions which affect the human body. Our Urology procedures are: