Knee Replacement Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
Our price: $ 14,900 USD
Knee Replacement surgery, involves replacing a damaged, worn or diseased knee with an artificial joint. Knee replacement surgery is a routine operation for knee pain that is most often caused by arthritis. For many of our patients, a replacement knee will last for about 15 to 20 years, especially if the new knee is taken care of properly and not put under too much pressure and unnecessary strain.
Knee Replacement Surgery Types
At Angeles Hospital we perform two types of replacement surgery:
The type of arthoplasty you choose, it depends on the condition you have. The two types of knee replacement surgeries are:
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR) – Both sides of the knee joint are replaced.
- Partial (half) Knee Replacement (PKR) – Just one side of the joint is replaced with a smaller operation and a shorter hospital stay and recovery time.
Knee Replacement Surgery
Candidates for Replacement Surgery are:
- Patients can’t move their knee joint.
- Patients can’t get u when they are sitting down.
- Patients feel extreme pain their knee joint.
- Patients are experiencing stiffness in their joint.
Best Knee Replacement Surgery
in Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Recognized hospital for +10 years
With over 5 million patients treated each year, Hospital Angeles Tijuana is the leading medical tourism center in Mexico. Our state-of-the-art facilities are the only full-scale certified hospital facilities in Tijuana.
- Only Internationally certified full-scale hospital in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Personalized attention with US based case managers
- Home to Dr. Dario Garin and Dr. Fernando Izquierdo two of the leading Orthopedic and Spine Surgeons in Mexico
- Most prestigious hospital name in Mexico for over 10 years
- Best technologically advanced medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Best Facilities and Amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations
Knee Replacement Surgery FAQ´s
Frequently-Asked-Question about Knee Replacement Surgery
For more information about our packages and how having Knee Replacement Surgery at Angeles Health International helps create a new you please read our most frequently asked questions or contact us today using our FREE consultation form at the bottom of the page.
The most common condition associated with needing a knee replacement surgery is osteoarthritis. Other conditions that can cause knee damage, include:
- Knee injury
- Rheumatoid arthritis
After their knee replacement surgery, our patients will have a drain to help the different fluids and blood to come out. In addition, you willwear a compression garment around your knee to improve blood circulation and reduce the odds of a clot. Your medical team will give pain medication for the first couple of days and the post-op guideines you need to follow to have a sucessful recovery.
For most of our patients at Angeles Hospital, their knee replacement can last up to 15 years if they follow the post-op guidelines correctly. However, in some cases, specially in younger patients, the joint replacements may be affected by a lot of activities, exercise, strong movements, etc.
After their Knee Replacement Surgery are patients will need to have total rest for a couple of days. After this period, they will need the support of a walker or crutches to walk for 3 to 4 days, if they feel it’s necessary. Paients will notice their knee starts to function normally after 4 to 6 weeks of the surgery. In some cases, patients can return to their normal activities in 2 weeks, for sports and physical activities patients will need to wait two complete months.
The full recovery will take up to six months, however; within three to four months our patients will experience an improvement in their movement, coordination while walking and their knee will be stronger.
Orthopedic Surgery Center of Excellence
At Angeles Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico we offer a wide range of orthopedic surgeries for any type of orthopedic challenge. Our state-of-the-art certified hospital facilities provides the latest medical technologies, and the most trusted and recognized orthopedic surgeon names in Mexico.