Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
Our prices vary
The shoulder is formed by a ball and socket joint. The ball at the top of the upper arm would normally move smoothly in the socket of the shoulder blade (scapula) on a lining of cartilage. This cartilage stops the bones from rubbing on one another. If the cartilage is damaged through arthritis or an injury, it can make the joint painful and stiff. A new shoulder joint may increase mobility and reduce your pain.
Shoulder Replacement Surgery
Candidates for a Arthoplasty Surgery:
- Patients with Arthritis.
- Patients who suffer a shoulder fracture.
- Patients with pain and stiffness in the shoulder.
- Patients with tissue damage in the shoulder.
- Patients with a degenerative condition affecting their shoulder joint.
Shoulder Replacement Surgery
Recovery process for Arthoplasty:
Each patient experiences their recovery process different. However, we recommend the following guidelines to our patients:
- No type of liftting during the first couple of months after their surgery.
- 2 to 3 weeks off work depending of the type of activities they do.
- Patients will be giving pain medication for the first couple of days.
- Physical therapy to regain normal movement.
Best Shoulder Replacement Surgery
in Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Recognized hospital for +10 years
With over 5 million patients treated each year, Hospital Angeles Tijuana is the leading medical tourism center in Mexico. Our state-of-the-art facilities are the only full-scale certified hospital facilities in Tijuana.
- Only Internationally certified full-scale hospital in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Personalized attention with US based case managers
- Home to Dr. Dario Garin and Dr. Fernando Izquierdo two of the leading Orthopedic and Spine Surgeons in Mexico
- Most prestigious hospital name in Mexico for over 10 years
- Best technologically advanced medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Best Facilities and Amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations
Shoulder Replacement Surgery FAQ´s
Frequently-Asked-Question about Arthroplasty
For more information about our packages and how having Shoulder Replacement Surgery at Angeles Health International helps create a new you please read our most frequently asked questions or contact us today using our FREE consultation form at the bottom of the page.
At Angeles Hospital in Tijuana our artificial shoulder parts are normally made of three different materials: plastic, ceramic, metal. In some cases, our shoulder replacements can be made of all three materials for our patients specific needs.
At Angeles Hospital in Tijuana we perform three types of shoulder replacement:
- During a partial shoulder replacement, or hemiarthroplasty, part of the shoulder joint is replaced, normally at the top of the upper arm.
- And in a total shoulder replacement, or shoulder arthroplasty, an artificial ball is attached to the top of the upper arm and an artificial socket is attached to the shoulder blade.
- A Reverse shoulder replacement involves an artificial ball being attached to the shoulder blade and an artificial socket being fitted to the top of the upper arm.
After their surgical procedure at Angeles Health Mexico, our patients artificial shoulder joint usually lasts for a minimum of 10 years. After this period of time and after proper evaluations, our patients may need a joint replacement.
Shoulder replacement surgery at Angeles Hospital has the general risks all surgical procedures can have, such as: bleeding, infection and hematoma. In addition, arthroplasty can present the following risks: joint dislocation, the bone can fracture or damage to the nerve.
More Orthopedic Procedures
Orthopedic Surgery Center of Excellence
At Angeles Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico we offer a wide range of orthopedic surgeries for any type of orthopedic challenge. Our state-of-the-art certified hospital facilities provides the latest medical technologies, and the most trusted and recognized orthopedic surgeon names in Mexico.