Dr. Fernando Izquierdo
Orthopedic Surgeon/Spine Specialist in Tijuana, Mexico
Speciality: Orthopedic Surgery and Neurology.
Hospital: Angeles Tijuana.
Languages: English, Spanish
Dr. Izquierdo is a top Orthopedic Surgeon trained at the University of Guadalajara. In addition, he did his residency specialty at Hospital Civil of Guadalajara, in Orthopedics and Traumatology. Currently he works at Hospital Angeles in Tijuana, one of the best hospitals in Mexico as an Orthopedic Surgeon with a specialty in Spinal Surgery. He owns his Private Practice since March of 1988.
He teaches workshops on Lumbar Disease and Orthopedics in different cities from Mexico and the United States. In addition, he is a member of multiple associations in the orthopedic industry and has published several clinical researchs on specific orthopedic procedures.
Associations & Professional Affiliations
- Founding Member of the Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Tijuana.
- Member of the Mexican Council of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Member of the College of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Tijuana.
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons International.
- Member of the Inter-American Society of Minimally Invasive Column Surgery
- AO Spine International.
- Chairman of Continuous medical education, Orthopedic Society of Tijuana.
- Chairman of the program XIII AMOT Congress.
- Synodal Qualifier of the Certification Exam of the Mexican Council of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Chairman of Continual medical education, Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Tijuana.
- Vicepresident of the College of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Tijuana, A.C.
- President of the College of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Tijuana, A.C.
- Coordinator of the Spine section FEMECOT Congress Tijuana.
- National Delegate for the Mexican Board of Orthopedics.
Workshops & Courses
- “Treatment of Degenerative Lumbar Disease using the extreme Lateral Approach” Protos training program NUVASIVE. San Diego, CA.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 2017 Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA.
- Treating Degenerative Lumbar Disease and Advance XLIF Expanded Indications with Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF) San Diego, California.
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery, hands-on cadaveric training; Medical Innovations Training Institute, Henderson, Nevada; USA.
- AO International. Avances en Osteosíntesis. Tijuana, B.C.
- Orthopedic Grand Rounds and Clinical Conference, University of California. San Diego. He has attended every year since.
- 62nd Annual American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Meeting. Orlando, Florida.
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center. Orthopedic Course- El Paso, Texas.
- XXVII Surgical Technique of the Wellex Inter Spacer. Universidad Latinoamericana Campus Cuernavaca, Morelos.
- V International Course of Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Lumbar Spine. University of Guadalajara; Guadalajara Jalisco.
Orthopedic Surgery Specialties
Orthopedic Surgeries performed by Dr. Garin and Dr. Izquierdo
Best Hospital Facilities in Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Hospitalized Hospital for +40 years
We are one of best hospitals in Mexico, with over 40 years of experience in quality medical attention offered by a specialized team of doctors and nurses. Our patients enjoy state of the art facilities, in “suite-style” rooms with enough space for their companion to feel comfortable and at home.
In addition, they enjoy a “stress-free” ambience. Our US based case managers, help them in every step of their journey: from transportation, to booking their trip, use of amenities, sightseeing, etc.