Dr. Juan Lopez Corvala
Weight Loss (Bariatric) Surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico
Specialty: Weight Loss Surgery, Bariatric Surgery
Hospital: Angeles Tijuana
Languages: English, Spanish
Experience: +30 years
Dr. Lopez Corvala is considered among the top ten weight-loss surgeons in the world and the standard for excellence in bariatric weight-loss surgery thanks to his extensive practicing and academic history. He has performed more than 10,000 laparoscopic surgeries with more than half being bariatric weight-loss surgeries, is a regular speaker at the industry’s top events around the world, has held many academic positions including professor of weight-loss specialty courses at Yale University in Connecticut United States, has published multiple books around many related techniques and is board member at the most recognized medical associations around the world.
Dr. Lopez Corvala obtained his medical education with a specialty in general surgery from the LaSalle University in Mexico City which is one of the most recognized universities for surgeons in Mexico and now with over 30 years of practicing experience continues performing all of his own surgeries himself and continues to mentor many veteran surgeons including serving as Proctor for INAMED worldwide where he teaches many U.S. surgeons who are training bariatric surgery
- Professor of General Surgery of The University of Baja California from 1993 to present.
- Professor of Surgery Residence in the General Hospital of Tijuana from 1990 to present.
- Professor of Basic Laparoscopic Surgery Training Center, Tijuana.
- Professor of The Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Training Center, Tijuana.
- International Professor of Bariatric Surgery.
- Professor of hernia surgery, in Yale Connecticut in the United States, 2001.
- Professor of The XI International Congress of Endoscopic Surger.
- SILS Course Director. Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Director of The Laparoscopic Surgery Tanning Center of the Laparoscopic Group of Baja California.
- Professor in the course “Extreme Bariatric” of the “American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery” held in May 2008.
- Director of multiple Lap-Band fellowships from 1999 to 2011.
Degrees & Professional Affiliations
- Honorary Member of the Gastroenterology Association of Guanajuato.
- Member of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE).
- Member of the Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery (ALACE).
- Member of the International Federation of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Disorders.
- Member of the Council of Advanced Bariatrics (C.A.B.).
- Member of the Mexican Association of Obesity Surgery.
- Member of the Mexican Association of General Surgery (AMCG).
- Member of the General Surgeons Association in Tijuana.
- Member of The Mexican College for Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases.
- Certified General Surgeon by the Mexican Board of General Surgery (No. 2454).
- Certified General Surgeon by the Mexican Council of General Surgery.
- Certified Bariatric Surgeon by The Mexican College for Obesity Surgery and Metabolic diseases.
- Certified Bariatric Surgeon Specialist by The Mexican Council of General Surgery A.C.
Dr. Lopez Corvala Patient Testimonials
Weight loss surgery patient reviews for Dr. Lopez Corvala
Gastric Sleeve Surgery (VSG) Testimonial
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy performed by Dr. Lopez Corvala
Cassie Walling had been researching since April 2017 for bariatric surgeries, when a close friend recommended to look for international opportunities, that is when she found Dr. Corvala and the amazing reviews his former patients have given him. Cassie came to Angeles Hospital in Tijuana on February 2018 for her Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. Cassie shares:
My experience at Hospital Angeles has set a high standard for all medical experiences since. Time and time again, I find myself saying, “That was okay, but in Mexico…” My experience with Dr. Corvala and his team as well as the staff at Hospital Angeles was the gold standard in quality and care. I have never had such a positive medical experience. I felt like I was surrounded by extremely competent and caring medical professionals. The staff at every level was happy and seemed genuinely interested in my care and well-being. They were attentive, positive, they never made me feel like they were too busy to answer my questions or just to spend time with me. At times I felt like I must have been their only patient and the most important person there. The hospital itself was unbelievably clean!
Best Hospital Facilities in Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital Name for +10 years
- Only Internationally certified full-scale hospital in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Personalized attention with US based case managers
- Home to Dr. Lopez Corvala the most recognized and trusted name in Weight-loss Surgery
- Most prestigious hospital name in Mexico for over 10 years
- Best technologically advanced medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Best Facilities and Amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations