LAP-BAND® or Gastric Band Surgery has the same risks of any weight-loss surgical procedure. However, at Angeles Hospital Mexico our doctors and nurses work tirelessly to mitigate any type of risks and have performed over 5,000 successful procedures and are lead by Dr. Lopez Corvala of the top-ten wight-loss surgeons in the world who has extensive training in both US and Mexico.
- Band Erosion, slippage or leakage.
- Esophagitis (inflammation, irritation, or swelling of the esophagus).
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Port problems: displacement, leakage or port-site infection.
- Stoma blockage.
- Stomach problems (pouch enlargement, slippage).
- Tubing problems (disconnection from port, leakage).
*All risks are supported by our impeccable reputation and decades of experience. You can feel safe that our doctors are the best and will work tirelessly in order to minimize any potential negative outcome.