This month we are focussing on nutrition and exercise. We all know we should eat healthily and exercise regularly but bad habits, busy lives and lack of information can stop us from doing what we need to stay healthy. No matter what your age, fitness levels or weight is, aerobic activity (that makes you out of breath) is good for you. Exercise makes for a healthier, happier you, inside and out.
Research shows that you need to exercise for just 30 minutes a day, 5 or more times a week to gain the benefits of exercise. As your body becomes more used to aerobic exercise it will become stronger and you will notice your fitness levels improve. Here are our top reasons to exercise to help motivate you to get moving!
- Boost Immunity. Exercise stimulates your immune system, making you less likely to contract viruses, such as flu and colds.
- Increase Stamina. You may not feel fit when you’ve been out of breath for half an hour but over time you will notice your fitness improve. You’ll notice that activates, like climbing the stairs, that would make you out of breath before you started exercising are no longer hard work for you. You may notice you can walk further, in less time before and feel generally fitter.
- Reduce Health Risks. If you exercise regularly you could reduce your risks of developing conditions such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke and some types of cancer. Weight bearing exercises can also help to prevent or ease osteoporosis too.
- Manage Existing Chronic Conditions. By exercising regularly to lose weight you could ease the symptoms or even stop the development of chronic conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis and high blood pressure. People who have suffered from a heart attack are less likely to experience another heart attack if they exercise regularly.
- Look Good, Feel Good. Exercising isn’t just about how you look (although that can be a great motivator too!). It’s not even all about your health. Exercising should help to make you healthier, look good and feel good too. Regular exercise can reduce depression, promote relaxation and make you feel positive and happy. This is partly due to the sense of achievement but also down to the hormones released during exercise to make you feel energized and uplifted.
- Exercise Your Brain Too. Aerobic exercise also stimulates your brain. Studies showed that exercising for 30 minutes 3 or more times a week can reduce cognitive damage in adults as they get older.
Angeles Health International is Mexico’s largest network of private hospitals. We treat thousands of medical tourists every year, each on their own quest to find health, physical wellbeing and satisfaction. From dental surgery in Mexico to alternative cancer treatment, bone marrow transplantation to weight loss surgery, alternative osteoporosis treatment to fertility treatment in Mexico, Angeles Health boasts a wide range of world class surgeons and specialists.
For more information about the range of procedures available Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.