Dr. Cesar Amescua
Pain Management Specialist
Speciality: Anesthesiology, General Surgery
Hospital: Angeles Tijuana
Languages: English, Spanish
Dr. Cesar Amescua – Pain Management Specialist
Dr. Amescua earned his medical degree in Mexico City at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. Following graduation, he completed a two-year internship, then specialized in Anesthesia at the Hospital General de Mexico.
Ongoing education includes two years of study on Pain Management at the Pain Clinic of the Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia in Mexico City, where he later spent three additional years as Coordinator of the Pain Clinic.
Degrees & Professional Affiliations
Dr. Amescua is a Professor of Pain Management at the the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California school of Medicine.
He has worked with cancer and neuropathic pain patients for 20 years and has participated in more than 100 medical meetings as an invited professor.
Dr . Amescua has published multiple articles in various medical journals and contributed several chapters to books on pain management.
Dr. Amescua organized the Neuropathic Pain Satellite Meeting on behalf of the World Congress on Pain in San Diego, CA in 2002.
He is currently the Medical Director at Hospital Angeles, Tijuana.
- Graduate of the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico.
- Past President of the Asociacion Mexicana para el Estudio y Tratamiento del Dolor, A.C.(AMETD).
- Member of The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP).
- Member of the International Coalition of Neurophatic Pain.
- Member of the World Institute of Pain.
- Medical Director of Hospital Angeles in Tijuana, B.C. Mexico.
Best Hospital Facilities at Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital for +10 years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are at getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico, everyone knows Angeles is quality
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 10 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Many amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations
Mexico’s Largest Private Hospital Network
Surgical Center of Excellence
Angeles Hospitals General Surgery area offers different surgical procedures for our patients benefit: