Myomectomy Surgery performed by the da Vinci® Robot
Our Price: $13,995 UD (One Night Stay)
At Angeles Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico we take pride in offering our patients top quality surgeries by using the most advanced medical technologies to date.
Myomectomy also known as Fibroidectomy, is a surgery designed specifically for women who suffer from uterine leiomyomas, also known as fibroids. In this type or surgery, the uterus is not harmed, and the patient preserves their reproductive nature.
What is the da Vinci® Surgical System?
The da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced robotic-assisted surgical platform designed to expand our surgeon’s operating capabilities and offer an improved minimally invasive option for our patients. The da Vinci Robot provides our surgeon a superior visualization, enhanced dexterity, greater precision and ergonomic comfort.
The da Vinci systems make it possible for our skilled and certified surgeons to perform improved minimally invasive procedures that involve a complex dissection or reconstruction.
Our Facilities at Angeles Hospital
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital for +10 years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are at getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico, everyone knows Angeles is quality
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 10 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Many amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations
da Vinci® Assisted Myomectomy FAQ’s
Frequently-Asked-Questions about Fibroidectomy
For more information about our surgeries assisted by the da Vinci Robot at Angeles Health International and how they offer a safer and more advanced solution for different conditions, please read our most frequently asked questions or contact us today using our “Request More Information”form at the bottom of our page.
Myomectomy surgery performed by the da Vinci Robot offers our patients a minimally invasive solution using the most innovative technology, for them to have the best results possible.
Our surgeons control the da Vinci system, through small incisions. Using thin and small instruments that have more flexibility than human hands, allowing them to bend and rotate to have a better manipulating of the tissue. In addition, they have a 3D HD vision system, allowing them to have a magnified vision of the tissue. All these features, make for a more precise and controlled surgery.
|Open Surgery||Traditional Laparoscopy||Da Vinci Surgery|
|Rate of Complications||Same||Same||Same|
|Rate of Blood Transfusions||Higher||High||Low|
|Conversion to Open Surgery||Same||Same|
The most common risks for a Traditional Myomectomy are:
- Tear in the uterus.
- Split or burst of the uterus.
- Pre-term births.
- Spontaneous abortion.
- Unsuspected uterine tissue with cancer.
- Possible spread of the cancer.
For patients, undergoing the da Vinci assisted Myomectomy, the possibility of having the same risks as a traditional surgery is lower since it’s a more precise and controlled surgery. However, they can experience the following risks:
- Injury to other tissues and organs.
- Conversion to other surgical techniques, involving: longer time in surgery, additional time under anesthesia.
- Increased rate of post-op complications since the surgery is more invasive.
- Pulmonary embolism.
Our Myomectomy patients will have a proper evaluation and discuss their case with our medical team. Together they should review all available information and make an informed decision. However, if patients are not candidates for a traditional laparoscopic surgery they are not candidates for the da Vinci surgery.
* There is no guarantee all patients will have the same results. Prostatectomy individual results will vary.
Surgical Center of Excellence
Angeles Hospitals General Surgery area offers different surgical procedures for our patients benefit: