Directions for Crossing the US/Mexico Border
For your Angeles Health Visit
Patients of Angeles Health in Tijuana must travel about five miles over the U.S. border to reach their destination. In most cases, patients of Angeles Health will be picked up at the San Diego Airport and delivered to the hospital via a hospital shuttle. However, for those traveling from nearby, or for those going down for treatments like minor dental work, gastric band fills or consultations that don’t include transportation, we’ve provided some travel options and directions for a hassle-free trip. San Ysidro is home to the world's busiest land border crossing, where U.S. Interstate 5 crosses into Mexico at Tijuana. Crossing times are often slow at San Ysidro, particularly for those entering the United States in cars. For this reason many cross on foot, because the line is frequently much faster than the vehicle line.
If you are driving to Angeles Health in Tijuana:
Interstate 5 runs throughout California and into the international border crossing. Once you cross the border, stay to the middle lane and follow the sign that says ZONA RIO. At the road split, stay to the right and you will be on Avenida Paseode los Heroes. Drive about one mile. You will pass the Plaza Rio and the Hotel El Camino Real (bright pink building). A couple of blocks further, on the right side of the street you will see the Hospital. Turn right immediately after passing the hospital, onto Misionde la Paz. This street will bring you around to Avenida Sanchez Taboada. The Angeles Health entrance is on this street on your right, and you will find parking here.
If you are parking your car at the border:
There are several parking lots very close to the border. Most require pre-payment. Simply pay, park, and walk across the border. There is a Taxi Station on the other side of the border. You can take a Taxi directly to the hospital for about $6-$8. Have the address handy, but most people in Mexico know where the hospital is and it is quite easy to find. Just tell the Taxi driver that you want to go to the Hospital Angeles.
Address: Hospital Angeles Tijuana 10999 Avenida Paseo de los Heroes Zona Rio Tijuana, Baja California Mexico 22010 Phone: 011-52-664-635-1900 Destination: If you are taking the trolley from the San Diego Airport: Total trip takes about 1 to 1.5 hours. Total cost under $20.00 (including Trolley and Taxi both ways).
- Walk out of the airport terminal.
- Find the sign for the city bus (it is the ONLY city bus at the airport).
- Get on the bus, pay the fare and be sure to get a transfer slip (which is good for the trolley also). Tell the driver you are going to the American Plaza Trolley station.
- At the stop for the trolley station (you will see it on your left next to the Santa Fe Amtrak Station and the Art Museum) get off the bus and walk across the street.
- Go to the machine and pay an extra 25 cents so you have full fare.
- Be sure to only look at the FRONT of the trolleys to determine which line it is. You need the BLUE line .Get on a BLUE line trolley and go all the way to the last stop. You are now at the border.
- From this point, depart the trolley and walk over the border.
- Once across the border take a cab to Hospital Angeles.
Hospital Angeles often uses a private driving service if you want a shuttle:-
LIAS TOURS INTERNATIONAL SHUTTLE
Owner's Name: Alejandro
From USA 619-829-5354
Cost one way trip $60
Remember to make all your necessary arrangements prior to your trip!