Dr. Luna earned his medical degree at Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, Mexicali, Mexico, specializing in Internal Medicine.
His extensive education includes Fellowships at the Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia in Mexico City in Cardiovascular Medicine with a sub-specialty in Cardiology, and in Cardiac Catheterization with a sub-specialty in Invasive Cardiology.
Post-Doctoral Fellowships in the U.S. followed at Stanford University School of Medicine (California) in Cardiovascular Medicine and Interventional Cardiology.
Research experience includes a Research Fellow position in the Division of Cardiovascular medicine at Stanford University, doing clinical research in the Intravascular Ultrasound Core Laboratory and clinical testing of medical devices, as well as experimental research on atherosclerotic plaque characterization, development of new devices for coronary interventions, and percutaneous treatment of mitral regurgitation.
Dr. Luna is currently a staff physician in Cardiovascular Diseases and the Cardiac Catheterization & Angiography Laboratory at Hospital Angeles, Tijuana.
He has published over 24 articles on cardiology and is a frequent speaker at international scientific gatherings.
Degrees & Professional Affiliations
- Graduate of the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California.
- American College of Physicians.
- Internal Medicine Association of Mexico.
- Mexican Board of Internal Medicine.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates-United States Medical Licensing Examination.
- Mexican Board of Cardiology.
- Mexican Society of Cardiology.
- American College of Cardiology.
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.
- Latin-American Society of Interventional Cardiology.
- Mexican Society of Interventional Cardiology.